Wednesday, November 29, 2006

The Great White North




Beth and I made the trek North (and west) over the Yankee Thanksgiving. We plan the trip home at this time to avoid the snow, cold weather, and weather related travel delays... That didn't really work this year as the mercury dropped to the -20'sC in Smithers and then 'Couver got a record setting snowfall! What that meant was alot of inside time at home and several delayed flights getting back to NY. But, I did get to spend alot of time with the family, including my nephew who was born way back in February on my birthday. It was the first time meeting him. I also got to see some friends and take in a local hockey game.

4 Comments:

Blogger Lorraine said...

Holy Cow - are those Cindy's kids on the left?! How cool is that to have a nephew born on your bday - what's his name?
There are a few things I miss about living in the North, but -20 is so not one of them! It better be gone before we get there. Or else.

12:28 PM  
Blogger Turner said...

Callum turned 9 mo's the day after we left. I like to think its cooler for the nephew to have a b-day the same day as his super cool uncle! Those are Cindys kids. No more winter visits to the North - we will go south in the winter instead from now on.

7:14 PM  
Blogger All Jacks' said...

Yeah, -20 is not fun. Nor is -5 with snow in Vancouver. At least I got a snow day out of it.

How 'bout them Leafs! When was the last time they won a game?

11:16 AM  
Blogger Turner said...

54695469
The 'ol Leafs aren't doing so bad now are they?! I wish I was at the Garden last night...those fans are so harsh - Im sure they booooed the Rangers off the ice!

9:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home